once you plank, it’s hard to go back. it takes a little bit of forethought to do this because you have to soak the plank for several hours before putting it on the bbq, but the process is SO worth it. All I do is:
- buy wild salmon (wild is essential…..see here)
- pre heat bbq to med/high heat
- oil the board
- a bit of salt and pepper on the fish followed by a drizzle of pure maple syrup
- place on bbq for approximately 20 minutes, but you should check every 5 minutes just to make sure because timing really depends on the thickness of the fish
- enjoy it with something green!! maybe this or this?
the start of 2013 spring/summer season officially begins at supper today!